Autistics United Board Members Wanted!
Our Mission Statement- We are different. We are different in what we do and how we do it. Autistics United (AU) isn’t just about creating a community, it’s about creating a neurodiversity movement in Western North Carolina.
Celebrating Neurodiversity as a Community- AU is a community collective of autistic individuals, helping and learning from one another. We come together as equals to build community and understanding with a non-judgmental attitude that serves to help all autistics and their families. AU is an inclusive, interdependent autism community by and for autistics- all autistics.
What we are looking for:
- Board members that have experience being on a board, working for a nonprofit or have professional backgrounds such as in business or social work etcetera.
- We welcome you even if you have no experience as long as you are passionate, dedicated and willing to set a little time each month or every other month to do your part.
- If we could find some real movers and shakers that could help us, that would be great!
- We are looking for people willing to help with fundraising. The most important objective of the board is working together to raise money and bring in revenue for the nonprofit. This includes fundraising, looking for grants, etcetera. There are reasonable, simple, realistic, doable activities all board members can participate in to help with this goal.
- We are looking for individuals on the autism spectrum or who are neurodiverse. We are also looking for those of you who have a friend or family member on the spectrum or have worked with someone on the autism spectrum and have a deep understanding of autism.
- Once we know you are interested, then we will talk about board positions that would be a good fit for you.
- Contact Us For More Information- Get on our email list to find out exactly what we’re doing each month and stay up to date on any changes to our schedule.
Danny Landry, Founder & Executive Director